Cell Culture Laboratory
Cell Culture Laboratory of the Hematopoietic Innovative Therapies Division - CIEMAT. (LACUCEL). Lab nº 262 of the Laboratory Network of the Community of Madrid.
Technical capacities available
- Human and mouse mesenchymal stem cell generation (MSCs) from different origin: bone marrow, adipose tissue, peripheral blood.
- MSCs expansion, diferentiation and characterization in normal and genetically modified conditions. MSC transductionde with suicide and reporter genes.
- Fanconi anemia human and mouse MSCs generation, expansion and characterization.
- Optimization of Fanconi anemia patients MSC culture conditions.
- Primary culture and cell lines maintenance.
- Hematopoietic progenitor cell obtainment and purification from mouse models defective in the hematopoietic system.
- Obtention, purification and expansion of hematopoietic progenitors derived from Fanconi anemia and pyruvate kinase deficiency patient samples.
- Maintenance of cell lines to produce retroviral supernatants.
- Retroviral supernatant generation to correct hematopoietic progenitors with defects in their hematopoietic system.
- Culture of human embryonic stem cells.
- Establishment of differentiation protocols of human embryonic stem cells towards cells of the immune system: T cells, NK cells.
- iPSC obtainment (induced pluripotent stem cells) from human and mouse adult cells reprogrammed with polycistronis vectors.
- Establishment of differentiation protocols of iPSCs towards cells of the hematopoietic system.
- Generation of genetically corrected iPSCs from samples of patients with genetic diseases that affect the hematopoietic system.
- Obtention of disease free hematopoietic progenitors from genetically corrected iPSCs, that can reconstitute the hematopoietic system.
Technical services offered
- LACUCEL offers external services to evaluate hematotoxicity of certain drugs and other xenobiotic products through the evaluation of hematopoietic progenitor growth.
- Services of Fanconi anemia patient subtyping by transduction of patient cells with viral vectors harboring the different Fanconi anemia genes. These service of Fanconi anemia patient subtyping has allowed the determination of the genetic deficiency that causes the disease in more than one hundred patients.